Kansas Early Childhood Outcomes Information
PDFs and external links open in a new browser window. To return to this page, close the new window. Word documents will download to your desktop. Information presented does not infer preference for an assessment by KSDE, KDHE or KITS.
- Aligning Professional Development with OSEP Early Childhood Indicators
- Bibliography of Curriculum Based Assessments [PDF]
- Developing High-Quality, Functional IFSP Outcomes and IEP Goals Training Package
- Early Childhood Outcomes (ECO) Center
- Edelman, L. (Producer). (2011). Child Outcomes Step By Step (Video). Published collaboratively by Results Matter, Colorado Department of Education; Desired Results access Project, Napa County Office of Education; and Early Childhood Outcomes Center. Available in English and Spanish.
- Greenwood, C.R., Walker, D., Hornbeck, M., Hebbeler, K, & Spiker, D. (2007) Progress developing the Kansas early childhood special education accountability system: Initial findings using ECO and COSF. Topics in early childhood special education, 27(1), 2-18.
- Hebbeler, K., & Rooney, R. (2009). Accountability for services for young children with disabilities and the assessment of meaningful outcomes: The role of the speech-language pathologist. Language Speech and Hearing Services in Schools, 40, 446-456. [PDF]
- Love, J.M. (2006) Uses of data on child outcomes and program processes in early childhood accountability systems: Assumptions, challenges, and consequences [PDF]. National Task Force on Early Childhood Accountability, The Pew Charitable Trusts, the Foundation for Child Development, and the Joyce Foundation. Princeton, N.J.: Mathematica Policy Research, Inc. Retrieved June 4, 2010
- Use of Curriculum Based Assessments in Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education [PDF]
For current training related to this topic click here: Training & Calendar.
A PDF is a file format allowing files to be viewed and printed from any computer regardless of platform, applications or fonts available. To do this, download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat and install it on your computer.